I find error in the term "free time."
Mostly because I ain't got none.
Seriously. Nada. Zip. Zilch. My job is demanding and my social and service obligations are growing. As I'm typing this I sit amidst a mountain of clothes and dishes begging for washing, pants for ironing, and a floor that seems to grow hair as fast as it falls out of my head.
Lovely. I know. I promise that my home is fairly clean and orderly on most days. There are times when it gets a little out of control and I go batshit and clean in a compulsive manner. It all balances out.
As like many parents, I often lament my lack of "free time." But really, what I'm saying is, "there isn't a moment in the day that there isn't something productive I could be doing."
After reading those words, I realize that, in all honesty, all my time is free. I'm free to do what I please. As a creature of free will I can choose how I spend my time.
So rather than complain constantly about how, I have no time for anything anymore, I'm going to (attempt to anyway) focus on all the things I want to do in that time. And do them. Extra 5 minutes on the snooze, done. Rock just a little while longer at bedtime, done. Leave the clothes and catch up on quality time with the hubs and TiVo, done and done.
I'll let you know if I have any buyer's remorse after a week of wildly spending my free time ;)
Another reason for my lack of free time, this little guy is on the move.

No comments:
Post a Comment